websee.nl: Knowledge Base
Important settings for a website theme
- Although website theme is just a HTML template, but in order to be a valid website theme for uploading; you must have some imporant files to define your website theme.
- In this tutorial, we are going to show you all required and custom settings for a website theme.
Structure of a website theme
- theme-settings.php (required)
- theme-page-processor.php (required)
- index.html (required)
- preview.jpg (required)
- screenshots-files (required)
- First rule for website zipped theme file is all files & folders must be at root of zipped file, not at any sub-level.
- Second, your website theme must have at least 5 types of required files like structure beside.
- Default page of each website theme must be
index.html, and must have a preview thumbnail & screenshots. Format of screenshots will be explained in
- This file contains both required theme settings and custom website theme settings that allows users to change theme configurations in Website Management section.
- This file also contains PHP code to process users tasks on Website Management, such as setting new email of website owner, like example below:
- This file contains your PHP codes to process theme pages when it saved. You may use any library to finish your work.
- By default, we use PHP Simple HTML DOM Parser for processing HTML.
- You may check some examples below for processing HTML codes with this library.